- Darmstadt is a “City of Science”: See the overview and the whole e-book (external article)
- Darmstadt: Germany’s „city of the future“ (nationwide award winner 2016, external article)
- Darmstadt: Germany’s “Digital city” (nationwide award winner 2017, external article)
- How to survive in Darmstadt – a helpful overview
- Places to go – Darmstadt’s international students spots (video journey)
- Places to see in Darmstadt– explore the city (videos)
- Darmstadt – a map of important bars and clubs in Darmstadt
- Aftershow – und danach? How to find jobs in Darmstadt / Wie man Stellen findet
- Problems abroad? Answers and solutions from a student’s perspective
Courses in english
Each year, a wide range of classes in the fields of media, communication as well as cultural and social sciences can be found. We here show the offer of classes in the academic year 2017/18. Exchange students will always attend German languages courses. Moreover, we recommend to visit classes of our general studies program marked in the list as “open to all students”. Generally, a free access to other classes can’t be guaranteed, but mostly lecturers are open to welcome exchange students in their courses even if they come from other institutes and subjects. Nevertheless, you would have to ask each teacher before if you can attend his or her seminar. We surely support you here by calling and mailing the colleagues!
Example for an exchange student's schedule
We show you here the schedule of an Erasmus student from 2016; it’s the typical mixture of media classes we select for most of our incoming students. The offer of journalism and communication courses in English changes every semester since, as mentiondes above, we depend on the offer of different faculties and institutes.